Thursday, November 6, 2008

Get Crafty


What's up, you think you're crafty?

You're nothing compared to my biddy. I'm the best biddy you'll ever find. If you don't believe me you can check my skills.

I can tat. I can quilt. I can felt. I can applique. I make my own clothes. Don't even mention the spinnin' and the weavin'. I wear beautiful handmade aprons. Needle feltin'. Doll makin'. Smockin' it. French knots by the hundred thousand. I'm a lace maker -- the bobbin variety. An embroideress with style and sass. I can make my own socks and sweaters, braid rag-rugs and embellish linens with kids hangin' on both legs. It doesn't bother me.

Baby comin'? Crochet up some booties. It's what you do.

I'm a babushka rockstar.

I never leave an antique quilt behind. I just sniped the last three heirloom linens you were tryin' to get on ebay. I got a stash of feedsacks that you wouldn't believe.

I don't sit around and whine about how I can't ever finish my projects. Hell no. I'm a biddy. I finish that shit up. One proj at a time. Victorian style. I got five kids -- doesn't stop me from making my own undergarments. I don't buy a whole bunch of fabric and let it sit there. That's just shameful.

There just ain't that many biddys on the blog scene, so you're lucky to find me. I'm the real thing. If you want to know my secrets you'll have to keep comin' round.

I'm sick of all the glue gun scrap bookin' fakers out there. That ain't biddy craft.

So stick with yo biddy and we'll make it through. The last few years have been hard on those of us who know how to use a needle and thread. Shit. Some of us still spin and weave the damn cloth. We got to take it back. We got to talk about who got it right and who got it dead wrong. That's all.

Yeah, get crafty -- but do it biddy style.

No comments: